Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Stop being a bitch!

can you believe I actually made it to the gym? God knows it was a little bit of a struggle. I actually had a hell of a work out, strenuous, but not too much so. Unfortunately, the gym was very crowded, as it is wont to be at 6:30pm.

The Yeller was there. For those unfamiliar with The Yeller, he's a huge, late 40's / early 50's black guy with a shaved head who talks to and yells at himself continuously. He always tries to lift way too much weight and does so with the shittiest imaginable form. (I know, I hate form judgers and I don't usually do it, but this guy deserves it!) He yells things like "get it!" and "stop being a bitch!" t0 himself, while he's lifting weights. Then he SLAMS down the weight, as if to demonstrate how monstrously heavy it is to the rest of the gym and the greater silver spring area.

Of course, I missed the S4 bus that was leaving right when I got to the bus stop so I got to stand around for a while. Fortunately, they'd posted a map of northern DC, Silver Spring, Bethesda, etc, so I got to study how all the roads fit together. NEAT!

Dinner was one flatbread pizza with turkey pepperoni and a serving or of broccoli (no cheese this time). I know broccoli doesn't "go" with pizza, but I needed veggies, so I went for it. Turns out, broccoli DOES go with pizza. Cecil's House of Pizza AND Cruciferous Vegetables, anyone? :-)

No comments: