Tuesday, July 24, 2007

new habits die easy

Funny how quickly you can get out of the habit of doing something. Having only resolved to start flogging again yesterday, as of this morning, it was totally gone from my mind. Will have to be a little more diligent for the next couple of days to get going again.

So, yesterday afternoon, obviously involved another half-serving of the snack crackers. I also went over to the vending machine to buy another snack, but then I felt bad and headed back to my desk. Good call, since I only had about a half hour of work left.

Last night, I rushed home to go buy pieces to hang up blinds with Frankie. We have been totally without window coverings for nearly six months now. Only Frank and I. I mean, really. We went the hardware store at 17th and Corcoran and were shocked to find that, although they didn't quite have what we wanted, they have all kinds of other housewares. I have lived there for 3 years and never know it had an upstairs part (accessible only by a separate door) where all kinds of curtains, clocks, decorative items have been stuffed. Whoever did the undetectable expansion charm on that store really knew their stuff.

So, like the rest of America, we ended up at Home Depot. I was shocked once again by just how large that store is. Everything from the parking lot to the signs that (badly) direct to you to various departments are totally out proportion with the small, quaint nature of most non-governmental structures in DC. Perhaps the Home Depot should be relocated near the capitol, where it would better fit the landscape :-)

Anyway, food - I forced myself to go to the grocery (yes on a Monday, bleh). Because it was after 8, the line wasn't bad! I stocked up on all manner of veggies.

Dinner was - A South Beach wrap of some unknown variety, since I had thrown the box away and couldn't quite place the taste. I also had a serving and a half of steamed green beans (yes they're back) with lemon pepper and Smart Balance. I skimped on the Smart Balance, so they weren't QUITE as good, but they were still good. I also had a glass of milk, just for the extra protein boost.

My mind then, of course, turned to dessert, but thankfully, I didn't have any.
So, around 9:00, I went to bed and read for an hour or so before falling asleep. All in all, not an AWFUL day.

No comments: