Tuesday, July 17, 2007

When one dream dies, find a new one

So I fell nearly two days behind on the flog - not good. Here's what happened: I talked with my buddy Dan for a while on Sunday and we cooked up all these grand dreams of building flogging into a big thing. All of this, though, was contingent upon me owning the rights to the word and the concept of the flog. Turns out I own neither. Not only are there flogs out there, some has already TRADEMARKED the word! (although not quite in the sense that I am using it.) So, crushed by that, I decided to give up flogging.

But in the words of Diddy "Can't stop, won't stop." Perhaps "Good Boy for Life" can be my theme song... I don't know if the flog will ever be big. I can't really put too much into it without a sense of ownership...maybe I could sue the silicon valley guy who trademarked it for trademark-squatting..that has to be a thing right?

Anyway this week was the 4th in my 8-week workout plan - yes the one with FIVE SETS of each exercise. I decided to load up yesterday to make sure I had enough nutrients to take advantage of the hard work out..(hehe)

1st Breakfast was a South beach breakfast wrap - Denver omelet style, I believe. I really love those things. They taste like actual food and not diet crap. Plus, oddly enough they have more fiber than the cereal I typically eat. Guess all processed foods aren't bad...

After my workout, I drank half of one of those naked protein drinks - yes, half. that's only 18 grams of protein, I know, but I can't drink a whole one.they're too...something. I am sure I also had at least an oz of peanuts as well yesterday morning. (this is the disadvantage of flogging two days later.)

For lunch, we went to Lebanese Taverna Cafe, as usual, and I got myself a half-priced Chicken Scwharma Sandy. I like the "Damita Jo" as Monz calls it, but I decided I didn't want to deal w/ all that grease. The schwarma is much leaner I feel like. I went double salad (a must in the hot weather -- and yes we sat outside in the 100 degree weather..white folks, man..) Anyway, I ate most of the stuff from my sandwhich and left the shell alone.

About an hour after lunch, I remembered that I was supposed to get a brownie bite from Tori and actually made the mistake of doing so. It was very tasty, but it gave me heartburn.

The rest of the afternoon obviously involved more peanuts and I'd say 1/3 of a pint of the delicious blueberries (bluettes, if you will) that Monz brought me back from NJ!

I decided to try making dinner at home. Since I bought flat breads and stuff the other day I figured I'd make think whole-wheat crust pizza. Naturally I needed some meat - big workout, gotta have protein - so, I walked to Giant on the way home from work to get some Canadian bacon. Only when I had the Canadian bacon in my hand did it occur to me that I already bought Turkey Pepperoni the other day. What a doof. I delayed my commute home by a good half-hour including wait time, for no reason.

Anyway, I made the pizza and it was good - I used 1 Flat-Out brand flat bread, a 1/3 cup or so of pizza sauce, 1/4 cup of mozzarella (the real stuff) and exactly 17 (one serving) of turkey pepperoni. It came out good and I think the whole thing had around 450 calories (maybe a little less). Just to get my obligatory vegetables in, I made some fresh green beans - steamed those up and put about 1/2 teaspoon of SmartPromise spread on 3 servings. I also added lemon-pepper for good measure. The green beans were AMAZING.

When I was cleaning up the kitchen, I noticed that Frank brought home birthday cake from Tracy's family party. I started to, but I just couldn't...and a good thing, too..

No comments: