Monday, July 16, 2007

Sunday, Greedy Sunday

Sunday was a brunch day. Gotta have one per weekend. You know how life is in the 'hood. I went to Annie's with Josh and Sarah. It was good catching up with Josh and hearing what ridiculous accomplishment he was accomplishing now. Turns out this time he's working for the DOJ and doing independent research on comparative torts - I can't even hate, really.

So anyway, I went for it. I went french toast and three egg platter. I gave Sarah one piece of my french toast and skipped one. Which means I only ate one slice of the french toast, but i had all my sausage and eggs and maybe half of the potatoes. It definitely could have been worse. Maybe the three cups of coffee helped.

Before Harry Potter (which was brilliant, btw) I had around 10 plain m&m's from one of those total rip-off machines they put outside the theatres now. Frank was trying to offer me a snack wrap which he smuggled in, but I resisted. About the movie, no matter how much I love those Harry Potter movies, I always just get more upset when I leave that none of it is real. I was talking to my friend Dan about this and he shares my feeling. I think it's because we both think of ourselves as extraordinary people and believe we would be powerful, in this world of wizards and muggles.

I already had dinner plans with Rob and Dan (mentioned above) decided to join us. I went with him first though to DSW in pentagon row, to pick out some new dress shoes. He did a good job, and really didn't need me there.

Since we had two hours before dinner and we were starving, SOMEONE thought that guacamole and chips from Baja fresh would be a good appetizer. While it was delicious, we ate SO much guac and SO many chips. The regular order of guac is a ridiculous size at baja fresh. I recommend it for your next party. And for 3.25, you really can't beat it! The funny part about having as much nutritional knowledge as people do now is that you can do what I did and, knowing full well that you're consuming 5-6 servings of fried tortilla chips you can say "well at least the gauc has lots of hearth healthy omega-3 fatty acids," which is ridiculous.

Dinner was at Vapiano's in Balston. I knew that place was weird but jeez. They have this odd ordering system, terribly ill-equipped to deal with the crowd that was there for some reason on Sunday night at 8:30. The place has pasta, pizza and salads, as main dishes and as much as I WANTED to get pizza, I decided I'd be half way good, having already had some bad shit. I went a reasonably sized salad, with a lot of veggies, light on the dressing with steak. The food was ...on the good side of okay. What bothered me more was the attitude in the place. I am SO SICK of nondescript dance music playing in the background everywhere I go. It's like, you know what...this is not Europe! We don't need techno or whatever playing in the background in order to pick out a shirt or enjoy a slice of pizza! (Not that I think europeans do any of this, I just think it's done to make eurotrash wannabe americans feel special.) If you don't know what I'm talking about, go any clothing store in Pentagon City mall, and you'll hear it.

"Dessert" was one more glass of wine back at Rob's (forgot to mention the one before dinner). In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have had that...

2 comments:

Nwenna (In-Way-Na) said...

Weekend calories don't count. I Flog Mon-Fri.

Unknown said...

Cecil, as fine as you are, you don't need to worry about the calories from that brunch!! I'm your number one fan. :) blush- Aya