Monday, July 23, 2007

Back on the wagon

Three is often held to have some magical significance. I have not written in three days, and was thus tempted to think that flogging might be done for good. In truth, I think, I was so sick of typing on computers after last week at work that didn't want to look at one long enough to write. Let me sum up the weekend in a word:

fat


So, it's Monday. Today I started off with oatmeal, the usual, peanut butter and raisins. I skipped the gym, because I was up way too late reading (yes, I went and bought a copy).

That did not stop me from enjoying a second breakfast / snack around 10:30. I made the mistake of buying these All-Bran snack crackers, on the pretext of having something health to snack on at my desk. In reality, these are, like the peanuts that came before, going to do more harm than good. They have one of those weird tastes after you eat them that only goes away when you stuff another one, mindlessly, in to your mouth. Because of that, I was able to go through at least a serving and a half, enough to make myself feel sick.

But not SO sick that I couldn't eat a Lebanese Taverna. I opted for lunch with Harry today, which was nice. But I remembered why I hate reading and eating. There's that weird balancing act and you have to constantly make sure not to get sauce on your book, etc.
I went with the Damita Jo today, after a few weeks off. It was tasty. Not able to stomach double-salad today, I opted for a serving of house potatoes instead, which, mercifully, was skimpy. Still, I was full half-way through the meal, which of course, did not stop me from finishing it. In that sense, I'm not back on the wagon at all. Something is up...
thinspiration, please..

No comments: