Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Meat me on Tuesday

I skipped first breakfast this time b/c I was doing cardio and I have been reading that if you don't eat then you have to burn reserves, rather than the sugar in your blood stream. It was fine, I just had to keep the cardio to 30 minutes. Much longer than that and I'd run the risk of passing out.


For some reason I decided to take Megan's advice and try the Chic-fil-a chicken minis for breakfast. They just weren't great, and I would have loved some more chicken and less bread.

Peanuts.

Lunch was at Baja Fresh. I spent some time before researching reasonably healthy options before going. The side-by-side is my standby, but I wasn't feeling it yesterday. Everything is AWFUL for you there. No one should ever eat it. I settled for the Tortilla Soup with Chicken. That wasn't totally wrong for me. I also had the side salad, which basically consists of lettuce and tomato. I also went w/ Salsa Baja for the dressing, rather than ranch.

afternoon snack was more of that damned quaker snake mix and of course a serving of peanuts...i should throw those things away, honestly.

Having been guilted by Monica, I decided to cook myself dinner last night. Since Brad always talks about ShakeNBake, I thought I'd give that a whirl. I went with turkey chops, since the pork chops at safeway were gross-looking. Honestly the chops were okay, but I don't feel like it was crunchy enough. Maybe I should have put more "nbake" on 'em. Also had a whole CAN of green beans, b/c I like those and I hadn't had them in a while. And...strawberries for dessert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention, Cecil. However, I take issue with your criticism of the minis! Obviously getting the full-sized chicken sandwich is preferable (more chicken, less bread?) but...when you're trying to stay within a somewhat healthy range calorie/fat/etc-wise, the minis are completely worth a slight sacrifice in taste. That said, pretty much anything produced by Chick-fil-a is amazing.