Monday, July 16, 2007

On Parties and why I'm never going to one again

So Saturday night was Chris's birthday, and phil did a great job planning. The setting, Hotel Helix, was very nice and the food was tasty. I had myself a blue moon, a diet coke and quiet a few veggies and so forth from the veggie tray. Also three pita triangles.

I made a pretty good rule for myself that I wasn't allowed to stand within 10 feet of the the food table, b/c you know how easy it is to munch when you're standing right there. That was definitely a good call.

I even left before the cake was served, to go to ANOTHER party...

This party also had veggies..but more important, it had chips...and meatballs...between the pita chips, tortillas, and meatballs..I must have consumed at least a thousand calories at this party. It was bad. I blame the size of the space. The venue being a small one bedroom, I was forced to stand within feet of the food table at all times. Plus, wine kept showing up in my glass, and you know what alcohol does to you..

I did still leave the party feeling the urge to have something sweet and, pre-flog, I would have gotten myself an ice cream sundae, but not this time. I took my ass to sleep!

No comments: