Thursday, July 12, 2007

Polenta...so hot right now

I had to skip the gym on Wed. b/c the stupid electrician was coming to fix my light switch. 7-8 minutes later, he was done, and charged us about $100. Breakfast consisted SW (no B...they were out) strawberries, and of course my turkey breakfast sausage. Morning snack was, you guessed it, 1 1/2 oz of peanuts.
I planned on having the remainder of my turkey chops for lunch, but when I went to get a salad to go with them from downstairs, i realized that they had tortilla soup. So, lunch was a cup of tortilla soup and 4 crackers instead.
Fast forward to the afternoon, when I went to get a bday cake for Mike T. I was goin to get a whole cake, but then I figured I'd be tempted to eat some, so I just got a tiny little one for him - Cappucino cheesecake..very serious. Anyway, while at whole foods, it also seemed like a good idea to munch on various samples (mainly little crackers and so forth..) and to also buy some polenta chips. Now, as we all know, polenta is really just grits. While I usually don't eat corn chips, somehow they fru-fru nature of these made it seem okay to a) buy them and b) eat 2 1/2 servings in one afternoon. And yes, I also had myself a handful of blueberries to round out the afternoon.

Schieff and I had dinner on the way to Mike T's bday party. Open City again. Love that place. now I WANTED the pizza or the Cuban sandwich, but I decided to go with the grilled salmon, substituting spinach for the rice and roasted carrots for the other side. That would have been a decent meal in itself, but I of course saw that they had mixed fruit shortcake on the menu. Thank fLog, the shortcake was a) small and b) not very good. I ate all the fruit and half the shortcake and called it day.

Though it was Mike's Bday and I was planning to drink heavily, two beers did the trick. I had one Heff that I can't remember and a blue moon. The wonderland was bumping last night for a Wed. I did quite well with the ladies. One in laughed at a topology joke I made. Gotta love smart girls. :-)

No comments: