Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Why Wednesday?

So today was supposed to be Why Not Wednesday, but Neela is being lame. Way to go, Neels.

I was determined today was going to be a good day, and I think, so far at least, it has been. I was reasonably productive at work, and even got to the gym for some cardio during lunch. (Remember, Calabash).

Breakfast was some SW and strawberries (the glut continues) and three turkey sausage links. Marketing left about a million bagels and Jolly Ranchers outside my cube. I managed to avoid the bagels, but I did have two mini Jolly Ranchers throughout they day. There was also cantaloupe, of which I ate about one serving, along with a home-made fortune cookie (who makes those??) for second breakfast. I figured I'd need some carbs for lunch.

At the gym, they were giving away these tiny little Atkins bars which I naturally ate as soon as I was done w/ my workout. To have only 1/2 gram of sugar and quite a bit of protein, they're actually pretty tasty. Maybe Atkins wouldn't have been so bad, after all.. maybe next time I'm obese, I'll try that instead.

Having gone to the grocery last night, I was all set with a frozen meal for lunch. I usually go South Beach brand, but this time, healthy choice was on sale for $2, so I figured I'd try it. Brother has to save some money. The Mancicotti meal was quite tasty. Two pieces, with a serving of broccoli and some oatmeal apple cobbler thing. The dessert section puts the calorie count at a slightly high 380, but I'm a grown man, so whatever.

Snack was two cheese wedges and the remaining serving and a half or so of multi-grain all-bran crackers.

I have decided to gradually ween myself off caffeine. I skipped my morning cup of coffee and that was okay. I had some water and that helped me a bit. By about 2pm though, I was starting to feel it and decided to have a diet coke with my lunch. I guess that's a start. Eventually, I figure I'll get down to 2-3 caffeinated beverages per week, instead of 2-3 per DAY like now. Baby steps.

No comments: