Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The longest tuesday

This morning, for some reason, I decided to make oatmeal for breakfast, the usual way, skim milk, peanut butter, etc. It made me late for the bus, so I decided to walk to the metro.

For some reason, the moment I got to the gym, my stomach started to hurting. I shook it off, and decided I'd just change and get on with it. However, by the time I finished my warm up it was EXCRUCIATING. I have no idea why. I was about to walk down the stairs to skip the workout and sit down, then I got a sudden surge of anger and muttered, "fuck you" to nothing/no one in particular and decided that since my stomach was going to hurt, it could hurt while i was on the exercise bike. It turned out to be a good decision; by the time I got done pedaling, the pain was gone. I even got in a short abs workout.

Second breakfast was 3 turkey sausage links I brought from home - the protein continues. Later around 11 I had another 1/3 cup of bluettes. Then, because I found out lunch was going to be at ONE OCLOCK, I decided to eat / mindlessly ate a serving of peanuts to tide me over. (Are you counting the peanut references).

I ate Lunch with both of my Mikes (how lucky can one guy get, really) and R. Mike's brother, John. (Aardie, we're done.) We were supposed to go to Quarry house, and I was geared up for a Cuban sandwich. Because last time I had it, it was phenomenal. But really a sandwich with TWO meats and cheese...how could it not be? Unfortunately, it was closed! They're not open for lunch anymore.

We went to Austin Grill instead, and, while it's a favorite, I cringed a little because John being FROM Austin - like..was there two days ago, I didn't want him to judge our "Austin Style" food. He seemed okay with it. I successfully fended off not one, but TWO baskets of chips and ordered myself a Southwest Ceasear with grilled tuna. The Tuna was outstanding, cooked just right (and I didn't even specify). Getting the dressing on the side made it a reasonably healthy option, overall.

Which left me room for the frozen mini kit-kat I ate around 4 oclock. I was kinda hungry anyway, but then Schief was all, "I want a frozen snickers." I wasn't going to participate, but then someone (i swear to god) said to me, "hey would you like a frozen kit-kat?" when I walked by their office. So, I ate it..and MAN was it good. Work went long, and yes, there was another serving of peanuts. There's only one left, don't worry.

I decided to do dinner at home again tonight, to save money. I half way wanted to go pizza again, but I remembered while packing up to leave work, that I had a can of soup in the cupboard. Campbell's Select steak and veggie or something? Pretty tasty, although, frankly, it could use more steak and less potatoes. the whole hunkin can, though, comes in at around 250 calories, which is cool. I obvi (that's right) skipped most of the broth - salt can kill you. Besides, I wanted to save some sodium for my green beans - i ate the other serving and a half tonight. This time I added the slighted bit of garlic salt and man..again..SO good.

Here at Steam Cafe, I'm having a cup of decaf coffee with Splenda and whole milk (need the fat because their coffee is terrible). Save my whitening toothpaste, this will be the last thing I taste today.

A long workout, 9 1/2 hours of work, 1.5 hours of commuting and a couple of hours of my own work and I am wo' out. We'll flog it out again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back.

pitlifeus said...

I think people should keep mini size candy around. It seems when my neighbors have it at work, I just go grab one small piece and I am done. However, when there is none around, I will go to the store at work and get a KING size snickers. Boy I am just greedy.