Thursday, June 21, 2007

Traveling back from detroit

So get this shit...
I had to get up at 4:45 to catch a freaking plane. So of course, I had coffee (and a 100 calorie pack of nilla wafers) before leaving the hotel. Then i stand in line at the airport for an hour to get my boarding pass, b/c US Air is retarded. Then when I go to the counter, the chick is all, "oh, that's cancelled." So she rebooked me with another airline, which was naturally in a different terminal. So, shuttle to the other (much nicer) terminal of the Detroit airport. I got through NWA's ticketing and security literally in 5 minutes. So then I took the little tram over to the correct gate to wait and try to get on standby. Having over an hour and a half before the flight gave me little time to do work, but more than enough time to consume a ham/egg/cheese sandwich and half a serving of hash browns (and a small coffee, natch). Plane, two hours later (if that) called for a diet Pepsi and a 1oz pack of peanuts that I had on me.
Lunch was typically disastrous, as we figured out that Jerry's has a small pizza / regular drink for $4.99 combo, which I of course ate. Thankfully, "small" really means "small" at Jerry's, so that really could have been worse.
And a good thing, since yesterday was Debbie's going away party, which, naturally, meant cake and ice cream. These two guilted me into taking the the rest of the afternoon off from eating. I did sneak in a bottle of water, even though I wasn't feeling it, b/c I don't think I'd been drinking enough water while traveling.
Dinner w/ Matt/ Anne-Lamar was pleasant and tasty. One glass of red wine, 2 shrimp "cargot", and the seared tuna entree with greenbeens instead of mashed potatoes and glazed carrots.
I hate traveling. It has too many carbs for me.

No comments: