Sunday, June 17, 2007

Lazy Sunday

Today started, as any other, with a bowl of kashi. This was the last serving and I'm gonna lay off it for a while. (See my earlier remarks on soy). I also tried adding a spoonful of protein powder (berry flavor) to it, just to see what it would be like. I tasted nothing,and presumably got 5-6 extra grams of whey protein, so..not too bad.


I decided to beat the Sunday rush at the soviet Safeway and go early to get my essentials for the week. I went w/ Shredded Wheat and Bran as my cereal this time, b/c its got a decent balance of nutrition and no soy! Also picked up some turkey breakfast sausage this week, b/c, not having had it for last couple of weeks, I've very much missed it. I bought no produce at Safeway, opting instead to

Go to the farmer's market a Dupont Circle. Sticking by (for now) my decision to eat local when possible, I decided I'd get my fruits and veggies at least from local-ish farms. As it turns out, no one around here grows blueberries, the strawberries from this region are terrible (looking) and I don't really like cherries. So, I'll either just go back to wholefoods for fruit, or skip it this week. I did pick up some squash and zucchini, as well as some onions. that should make a nice stir-fry one night this week. Also got a back of mixed spinach and chard, which I made into

a mini salad, which consisted of a bowl of fresh mixed greens and a half serving ken's steak house blue cheese. Delicious. Brunch is at Wonderland today and I don't think I'll be gettin any veggies there! We shall see.

No comments: