Friday, June 22, 2007

TGIF

Okay I didn't get ANYTHING done today. Jesus H.
First of all, the bus left me. The S2 that should have come at 8:30, decided that 8:27 was just as good. You can't do that! I don't get why that's a hard concept!
Anyway, the reason I was trying to get on the 8:30 bus was that, having "gone out" last night, I decided it was too late to try to work out this morning and that I'd better get some sleep instead. So, a slow get-ready and a decent bowl of name-brand oatmeal (oatmeal, skim milk, raisins, peanut butter, splenda) later, I dashed down to 16th street so I could get left by the bus.

Because of my honorable intentions to go tot he gym, I decided I'd better have some carbs for elevensies. Then, Mike called just before lunch. Because I miss that guy and I really need to get our lunches goin again I dropped what I was doing and went. We ended up at Baja Fresh, b/c they have a bunch of outdoor seating. I had the side-by-side (chicken, salad, avocado AND guac). For some reason, I was only able to finish about 2/3 of the meal, although I did decide to force feed myself the chicken. Why throw away protein?

Three hours later, i was wishing I'd finished that thing. I decided to drink some water which "fooled me" for an hour or so. Then i had one of those cheese-cracker and peanut butter things. LOVE THOSE. They were good energy for my awesome workout.

I did, seriously, every muscle in my upper body. Want to get a bike ride in tomorrow and I didn't want my legs to be tired.

I made sure to grab some good post-workout protein, this time in the form of a Naked Juice. I had half, on account of the sugar content (lotta fruit juice..all natural at least).

At home, I made myself some dinner. I used half of my sweet little onions, frying it up with a couple of sausage links. When that had browned, I dumped in some egg (1 whole, 1 white, a splash of milk). I let that settle into what i'm spinning as a fritata. Topped it with a little cheese and then dumped the whole thing onto a steamed whole-wheat tortilla. Then I put a little roasted tomato salsa on and enjoyed it with a Blue Moon "Honey Moon Summer Ale." Delicioso.

No comments: