Thursday, August 2, 2007

Chicken Sahny

So, I decided to invite R Mike to have "a pint" after work. My original intention was to go to Eggspectations and grab one of those huge mugs they have for like $4 between 4 and 8. But, he wanted to go quarry house and I think it was a wise decision. I knew there would be beer, and just so it didn't hit my stomach too hard, I decided to go ahead and eat.

Thankfully, I resisted both the burgers and the tots (tots!) and ordered myself a grilled chicken salad. Unfortunately, the waiter heard, "grilled chicken WITH salad" so he brought me a sandwich with a side side. It was fine, but I'd rather not have had the white bread and mayo that came w/ it. Nonetheless, it was delicious. Surprisingly fresh tasting too, for quarry house.

I also got a chance to try two beers from Louisiana. "Abita" I want to say. First I had a Turbo Dog, b/c I read that it was dark and I like dark beers. Something about it was a little flat though. Then for my second I had a Purple Haze, which while not horrible, but was a bet much in the raspberry flavoring department. It honestly tasted like someone squoze fake raspberries into a decent wheat beer. Anyway, you never know until you try 'em right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.