Wednesday, August 15, 2007

now dip, baby, dip

Yesterday could have gone really well. I had a good workout, avoided sweets for the most part, ate several small meals, and and even brought my lunch.

Then I went to a party..

First of all, I don't know whose idea a Tuesday party was, but it was brilliant and should be done every week.

Equally brilliant was the food at the party. All chips and dip! One "redneck dip" which was creme cheese and hot sauce and then some sort of cheese, butter, cream dip thing with spices. And of course, guacamole, because you've gotta get your "good fats." Sadly enough I had just read two articles yesterday that mentioned the fact that "good fat" is still fat. In no way did that stop me from participating. At various times throughout the night, I employed my ten-foot rule and T was there to say "careful" and to make flogging noises at me if I veered too close. Then, someone else came along eating them and I sorta went for it. My guess is that between the chips, the dips(s) and the three beers I had, I must have taken in at least an extra 1000 calories, so way to ruin a day of progress.

On a positive note - I've decided that slightly warm YuengLing in a can might be my new favorite beer. Last night, for the first time, I understand how it became the official acceptable cheap beer of our generation.

No comments: