Monday, August 6, 2007

Whatever it takes

Somebody told me I was looking thin, today. Now, I clearly wasn't, but I appreciated the sentiment all the same. I didn't return it, for fear that it would seem disingenuous. Oh, life!

So this morning, I was all excited about how I was going to make a Turkey sandwich to bring to work today for lunch. I made the Turkey sandwich (on flat-out), and even got breakfast in (3/4 serving SW and 2 turkey sausage links). I was feeling very proud of myself until I got to work and realized that in my haste, I'd forgotten to pack gym gym clothes. Brilliant, I thought. Well of course, I had to go shower, anyway, so I figured I'd just head over there, shower, and then go have some coffee. Then when I got to the gym, I realized that they sell clothes there! My boy at the front desk let me get a whole outfit for 20 bucks. I am not going to ask what the nature of this discount was, but I do know I gave him cash, so, I'm sure that ended up being lunch money or something. He probably thinks I'm a total nut-job now as I took about 10 minutes to pick out a shirt and pair of shorts with suitable style and in the right size. Oh well, I had a hell of a workout and even finished my workout on time.

I took a looong time mixing up my protein and skim milk this morning. It was decently smooth and tasted good.

Even though I brought lunch, somehow I let Robert talk me into going to Lebanese taverna, because its cheap on Mondays. I was all ready to eat that. When we get there his "crew" announced that they weren't eating there because suddenly it's "gross" even though we've eaten there 3x/month for the last 3-4 months. Anyway, he of course, decided to go with the (they're his crew, right?) and so I, totally over, walked to whole foods w/ Monz to get a tiny salad to go with my sandwich. It was truly tiny -- only $1.44 at whole foods prices :-) That and my turkey wrap made for a good lunch.

The vendor who came to present at 3 brought chocolates and Tori totally let me eat two Hershey's miniatures special darks. Delicious, but of course I had heartburn. And then I was hungry again. So, I decided to have a cheese wedge. Not having any crackers, I decided that animal crackers would do. After all, do I not like cheese on nilla wafers? It's the same thing, right? Wrong. It was gross. The animal crackers in our vending machine should be burned. The taste is vaguely lemony, too sweet and has none of the subtle flavors of "name brand" animal crackers. We're done!

No comments: