Thursday, August 23, 2007

sins of omission

The last couple of days have been weird. Both nights I've gone to have drinks, and both nights have ended up with weird dinners. Tuesday night, after having 2 1/2 beers and 2 1/2 chicken wings, I decided to get a bowl of Italian Style wedding soup. (yes, this was two different places). The wings were from Austin, where I went for my weekly happy hour, now again with Original Mike, since New Mike is MIA. Then I hung out w/ C-Lo at Stoney's. Stoney's has the best soups, I swear. I was going to get their chili, but it comes with cornbread, and we all know what a disaster that would have been. Turns out that all their soups come with cornbread. Not to worry, I sent it back :-).

Yesterday during the day was largely according to plan, a south beach wrap for breakfast, a peach for a snack, grilled chicken tenders on whole wheat for lunch and then a bowl of cereal of second lunch / afternoon snack. The snack was mainly to keep me from starving because I knew I was going out after work and didn't want to eat TOO much bar food.

It worked, for the most part. Though I was at McGinty's for nearly 3 hours, I managed to have only 14 fries and two drinks. I had a "black velvet" which I recommend, highly. Half Guinness and Half Cider. Now when I left McGinty's I was clearly still hungry, but decided to skip dinner instead of eating crap that late at night.

This morning, I decided to go with cereal instead of another wrap before my workout and chocolate protein w/ milk after. Then at our team meeting, my boss brought DONUGHTS. And not generic chain store doughnuts. These were the real thing from a local bakery. One maple glazed donught later, I was kind of sick. But I made it.

Lunch was a salad at Adega. This time, mixed green salad with pecans, candied pears. There was some sort of dressing on the side, which I only had a bit of. I decided to make today my diet coke day. Had my one for the week. Good times.

Unlike most days, my fear is that I haven't been eating ENOUGH for the last couple of days. After the meeting I just had, I don't think that will be a problem for the next few. My job is making me want carbs..

No comments: