Tuesday, August 21, 2007

ya dun good

So, I ended yesterday well. I had two servings of trail mix in the afternoon, but that could have gone worse I suppose. This pack has to last me all week to though, so I'd better lay off or amma be strugglin.
The trail mix (along with a good deal of water) did stave off hunger yesterday afternoon - I was fine until I got home at after 9;30. Then it was time to cook.


Even though it was way too late, I had to eat something, so made myself some pan-seared chicken tenders (with a garlic herb marinade) and some steamed winter veggies. A plum as an appetizer. Not a bad dinner. Yesterday was a model.

Today has also not been terrible. I had my oatmeal with peanut butter and raisins (I know, weird). Instead of having second breakfast after lifting (and I lifted pretty hard), I had a protein "shake" which was basically a cup and a half of milk and a scoop of protein powder. I've learned how to mix it properly and have grown accustomed to the taste. I'm spinning it was "Cecil's Famous Hot Chocolate."

A peach served as morning snack (yes I am on a fruit kick. It's part of my eating locally / seasonally - more on that later.) Before I knew it it was after 1pm and time for me to eat my South Beach frozen meal. Today's was Chicken Alfredo a la Roma. I know I always claim this, but this one was REALLY good. If you haven't tried South Beach products, they are amazing.

It's almost 430 and I just had another serving of trail mix. I know that's nuts two times today, which is probably pushing it, but I'll cut it back tomorrow. Today is on track. Let's see how it finishes. I'm wanting a beer. Luckily, I won't be eating tortillas.

No comments: