Tuesday, August 7, 2007

better late than never

So it looks like it's going to be once a day. I had a weird eating day today. Breakfast was normal enough - oatmeal with peanut butter and two turkey sausages.
I read through my ABS Diet workouts today and designed a new abs workout for myself today. that went really well - I could really feel the difference by doing new exercises. Followed that up w/ some cardio.

Today, instead of eating the lunch I brought, I went to Negril w/ the old Research gang. I suppose it was something of a going away lunch for a colleague. Another one escaped! I got the jerk-chicken sandwich. Ate half the coco bread and all the chicken, just to be safe. That was especially important since I had to buy a cookie to make my total more than $5 so that old lady would let me use a credit card. She has the most attitude, I swear! It's like..hello, you're out of the way even for silver spring. be glad i'm here!

The afternoon got pretty bad. Even though I'd already had a cookie, I decided that more animal crackers would be a good idea. (Oh and before that I had a mini Mr. Goodbar) Someone brought them (animal crackers) to our meeting. I did have a cheese wedge with them, just to balance out the carbs a bit. I think that helped me to eat fewer of them.

It was my plan to eat the lunch I brought for dinner, while waiting for Anna, so we could go see Hairspray. But she changed her mind about the gym, so we grabbed a quick slice of pizza from Z. Had I not had a small veggie tray early this morning, that would have been a whole day w/o veggies. I can't keep doing that.

Anyway, Hairspray - cute. It is the third of the movie musicals I've seen. While they are entertaining, there is somethin subdued about them. For one thing, the actors they pick are never the strongest singers. They tend to cast big names, so the studio can justify doing it in the first place. Hairspray suffered from that big time. In my opinion, the singing was just awful. Happily, a few of the songs were good enough to make up for it. Also, the overall message was positive enough that even the heavy-handed treatment it received here didn't ruin it. I came away secretly wanting to dance (with fully choreographed backup dancers) , which is what any good musical should do, I think. $10 well-spent.

After the movie, natch, I had seriously like 8 green beans (because I had them available) and a peach. And with that..I am going to bed.

3 comments:

pitlifeus said...

lord 8 green beans? Green beans and peaches, SMH. I guess it was a good snack b4 bed.

Nwenna (In-Way-Na) said...

I loved Hairspray! I've seen it twice now and I want to buy the DVD.

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).