Thursday, August 2, 2007

Strugglin

Even though I got about 7 hours last night, I was REALLY strugglin this morning. Again, I had to grab a south beach wrap on the way out the door, because I was running late. It didn't help that the FIRST thing I heard this morning was the death toll from a bridge collapse. NPR can be depressing in the morning, sometimes.

I did have the presence of mind pack a scoop of chocolate protein powder before leaving home this morning. I had that, when I finished lifting, this time using skim milk instead of water. While that makes the stuff TASTE a lot better, I swear it just won't dissolve. Anyway, I drank that in two gulps. I had a glass of water, again , instead of my morning coffee.

I was supposed to go to lunch with my crew, but I had to work on a press thing! So, I guzzled down a mini Atkins bar, b/c I was starving.

When Monica finally did get back with my Salad from Adega, I ate half of it before dashing off to another meeting. This salad was DA BOMB. It's the tofu salad with chicken. Basically enough food for two meals.

Which was good b/c I definitely ate the other half around 4 when I got done with that meeting.

At some point today I also had an apple jolly rancher. As I mentioned yesterday, someone brought a ton of them to work. Have you ever smelled a jolly rancher bouquet? It's heavenly. Just open a bag and sniff one day. Both your troubles and the enamel on your teeth seem to melt right away.

Housewarming Happy Hour at Dawn's tonight. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Nwenna (In-Way-Na) said...

There's chicken and tofu in the salad?

ET said...

Umm Cecil if you can take 2 gulps and drink your whole protein shake there is no wonder it wont dissolve. You need some more liquid. Also, invest in a $7 protein shaker bottle from GNC :).