Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Wonders never cec

Yesterday was an odd one. I've decided to try forgoing the gym on Mondays, since it's just too stressful to try to get up early on Monday mornings. On top of the usual Monday stress, we got a strange announcement regarding work yesterday. More on that later.

So, not having to go to the gym meant only having to have one breakfast - SWB and Turkey sausage, of course. Someone in the office did the right thing and brought apples in to share. It seems like a small thing, but I appreciate someone bringing in something healthy, instead of stupid cookies and brownies and what not.

The apple helped me to resist chips at Austin Grill, where we went for lunch to discuss / commiserate over our job situations. I went Bevo Salad, dressing on the side, natch. In retrospect, there was probably too much cheese and what not, but it could have been worse.

For a snack, I measured out a cup of Kashi Go Lean! Crunch Honey Almond Flax. That stuff is super sweet and I knew better, but it's good. :-)

I was actually invited out yesterday to a beer garden by a friend I'd missed very much, so I had to go. That meant no Heroes for me, this week, but the sacrifice was well worth it. Wonderland Bar & Grill, aka Knob Hill's patio provided a great backdrop for conversation. Two more coworkers even randomly surprised up and stopped by! In addition to the chicken quesedilla (which was big and greasy - yum), I had three beers, which seemed large at the time, and even larger this morning when I had a pretty bad headache. Not to worry, nothing that ibuprofen couldn't fix.

I got my arse on up this morning, had the usual breakfast, and worked out. Today I did some weights and intervals on the treadmill and am of course wo' out. Today's protein powder was tdf. Off to a good start. Let's keep it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.