Friday, October 5, 2007

Emergency?

Mr. Scale was not kind to me today. I have apparently put on 6-7lbs of some sort over the last 2 months. Based on the ratio of my strength training and cardio workouts, I'd guess that some portion of that is probably muscle. But by NO means is all of it. I crossed my self-imposed no-cross zone today so it's time to switch things up.

This morning when i was going over what I ate yesterday in my mind (in an act of needless self-justification) I completely skipped over all the junk I ate between meals and snacks, including not one but two pieces of banana bread, a chocolate bar and a spoonful of peanut butter. I see this happening 30-40 calories at a time.

It is in that light that I should mention the bowl of oatmeal (carefully measured, skim milk, two teaspoons of peanut butter, one serving of raisins) I had for breakfast. After lifting (which I am going to scale back on), I had my usual chocolate protein powder and am now having my coffee with one mini-moo. Everything else will find its way here because it has to.

No comments: